Oct 25, 2012

Zombie Walk LX poster

For the people who follow my blog and are not aware of it, I'm a digital artist and graphic designer :) So from time to time I do some pro bono work for non profitable organizations that defend noble causes or that I just find interesting and need some help with the design department. That's the case of: Zombie Walk (Lisbon)! How can you not love zombie walk? This is my first year at ZW, finally! I got so mad the past years cause I coudn't make it :< So this year I wanted to get envolved has much as I could. So I decided to help them desining the poster.

For my main inspiration, I though, right of the bat, retro horror movies posters, of course! B-Horror, Grindhouse and obviously, posters from George Romero's films.




Main characteristics: Bright and very few colors (sometimes monochromatic), grungy, very charismatic typography, regular use of sillhouettes.




And this is what I've come up with! A main red version and I also did a greyscale one as a request from the organization.
I added a very simbolic bridge of Lisbon, 25 de Abril bridge, to give it a personalized look, 'cause this is not "any" zombie walk, this is Zombie Walk Lisbon, and it's gonna kick ass :D
Aaand it's on Halloween, so I don't have to overthink my costume any longer.


3 comments:

  1. You did a fuckin great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ficaram fantasticos os cartazes, num look clean mas agressivo, muito Quentin Tarantino!
    Nunca participei em nenhuma mas tenho tido alguma vontade, não sei se será desta.

    ReplyDelete