Nov 23, 2012

Tea with Alice

A couple of days ago me and a couple of friends went to the "Tea with Alice" exhibit at the Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation in Lisbon (it's going to be there 'till February 2013). Celebrating the 150th anniversary of the first telling of the story by Lewis Carroll to the real Alice, the exhibition shows nearly 100 original illustrations of some of the most acclaimed contemporary editions of the book, illustrated by 21 artists from around the world. 
It's a small but pretty inspiring exhibit. The artworks are not hanged on the wall, as usual, but instead they are layed down on top of cute tea tables of all sizes and there are quotes of the book written in the walls. If you have the opportunity go check it out, it's worth it and it's free entrance! I think the exhibit is going to move back to London in March, but I'm not sure. If you want to want more about the it go here.




And this is what I looked like, I was in the wonderland mood, so I wore my new hat with little ears ^^ Pretty cozy and warm, perfect for this freezing weather. I also bought some new plugs, they are silicone and super plain but SO confortable, I had an hard time sleeping with my other plugs, they were hard plastic and they hurt my neck when I was laying down, I had to take them off :\

2 comments: